Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As the Sr/Director of Growth Strategy & Operations, you will work as the right hand of the Chief Growth Officer to build, lead, and inspire a team to drive our strategy and accelerate growth nationwide. This is a unique role, requiring both entrepreneurship and significant operational chops. While singularly focused on growth, you will be responsible for building a go-to-market platform that promotes experimentation and creativity, while providing a clear foundation to leverage best practices. You’ll need to hire A+ talent, develop clear and actionable best practices and build out world-class tools and technology to support the team.
- Constantly refine our go-to-market strategy, supporting the launch and growth of new Capsule markets nationwide.
- Develop the model for scaling our current sales team; improve our recruiting, training and performance measurement systems in order to identify and replicate drivers of team success.
- Manage the pipeline of potential opportunities; rigorously vet ideas, provide planning support and manage opportunities from concept to pilot to national rollout.
- Identify the key drivers of success for current sales channels and determine where the next incremental dollar of investment should be directed to drive growth.
- Build and manage a world-class team of doers. Includes teams responsible for all aspects of sales and growth including managing our sales technology, building sales enablement capabilities, and leading cross-functional initiatives to resolve key obstacles to growth.
- Design & implement incentive programs that reward high performance, aligning key success inputs with overall business objectives.
- Create and manage mechanisms to identify and measure winning sales strategies in one market, and scale them from pilot to best practices in markets nationwide.
- Partner with key stakeholders throughout the organization in order to align resources to drive scale.
- You are comfortable in highly ambiguous environments, but hate ambiguity and seek to bring order from chaos wherever possible. However, you know your limits and prioritize where you can make the most impact.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have a Bachelor's degree and have 10+ years of work experience, with a demonstrated track record of analyzing complex, unstructured strategic problems and executing on concrete recommendations. MBA or equivalent experience not required but highly valuable.
- Past experience in scaling a rapidly growing business, with equal parts ‘general athlete’ and ‘been-there, done-that’ experiences.
- Strong leader with the ability to build a high-performing team and a collaborative culture.
- Ability to distill complex information into actionable results.
- Ability to manage complex projects with urgency.
- Hungry to win, resourceful, and thrives working in ambiguous, fast-paced environments that come with building a new business from the ground up.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.