Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and to push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
The Business Insights team is responsible for ensuring Capsule’s teams have the information they need to make the right decisions. Using quantitative and qualitative methods, we dive into the key questions confronting the business to highlight opportunities for growth and support strategic planning across the organization. In your role as a Senior Business Insights Manager, you’ll own exploratory and targeted analyses end-to-end, uncover new levers for the business, and present insights that support executive-level strategic decisions & drive our company’s roadmap. You’ll leverage technical and strategic expertise to drive well-organized research projects, and then manage those projects with stakeholders across Product, Operations, Engineering, and the executive team. Focused on large areas of opportunity for the business, you'll be one of the go-to people for driving Capsule's understanding on how to grow profitably.
- Be an expert on what does and does not drive growth, making recommendations to guide strategy (ex. How do we retain more customers from certain business segments?)
- Mine data to understand, surface, and communicate previously unknown levers of the business to ensure Capsule is focused on the right priorities at the right time.
- Dive into opportunities and challenges identified by our KPIs to understand root causes and critical drivers of performance.
- Develop an innate understanding of the drivers of the business and serve as a consultant on strategic projects.
- Define and track performance against product KPIs, synthesizing product usage information and recommending strategies and initiatives to ensure metrics continue to trend in the right direction.
- Craft, analyze, and present customer behavior metrics, such as funnel conversion, user churn, cart abandonment, and cross-sell metrics. Work with product managers to design tests to improve these metrics.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have 6+ years of experience in an analytical-facing role, with work experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- You have intermediate or better technical analytical proficiency. SQL and Excel a must, visualization experience (Looker, Tableau, etc) is a bonus.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in the tech field in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience communicating business needs, analytical solutions, and resulting insights to internal stakeholders.
- You’re a natural communicator, and can tell a compelling story to both technical and non-technical team members.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.