Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and to push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
As the Workforce Management - Manager, you’ll be critical in enabling Capsule’s mission to build a better, nicer, kinder, smarter pharmacy to make life simpler and healthier for everyone. Reporting to the Director of Workforce Management, you will be ensuring a delightful customer experience from the time a prescription is submitted until it is delivered to them. In the spirit of looking after, you will be supporting our operational teams by generating sound forecasts & hiring plans, including seeking approval for and guiding the business through the successful completion of those hiring plans.
- Generate and maintain staffing & hiring plans for each operational team/department, including regular reviews of those plans with various business leaders, including operations unit leaders, Training, HR, & Talent Acquisition.
- Develop and maintain a record for headcount tracking and various performance metrics related to Workforce Management (e.g., attrition, occupancy, shrinkage, schedule efficiency, etc). Using this data, you’ll inform key business leaders about trends and provide context for other key metrics (e.g., operating costs).
- Develop & facilitate structured headcount planning communications & meetings designed to gain approval for hiring plans and advise the organization of progress toward hiring & cost management goals.
- Develop/Maintain a robust system for storing and managing schedules, including mechanisms for reporting & updating scheduled events (e.g., PTO planning, etc). This may include use of scheduling software.
- Conduct regular reviews with key operational leaders to ensure that schedules are meeting the needs of the business. This will include identifying gaps and recommending resolutions, including schedule bids and/or assigning schedules to new hires.
- Develop real-time operational “playbooks” and support the operations teams in executing those plays as needed.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional leaders to ensure operations and systems are running smoothly, ensuring a delightful customer and employee experience.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates, and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Workforce Management, Operations, or analytics
- You have 7-10+ years of relevant work experience
- You exhibit strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills
- Strong base of experience in using qualitative inputs and quantitative data to drive decision-making
- Experience with data warehouse & related reporting software (e.g., Looker, Tableau, etc) is preferred
- Experience with workforce management software (e.g., NICE, Genesys, Aspect, Verint, etc) is preferred
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.