Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and to push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role
The Capsule data team is responsible for transforming data into insights and data products. As a Staff Data Scientist you will be using machine learning and statistical tools to solve interesting problems and power new products.
- Gathering and analyzing data, performing POC analysis from a statistical perspective, identifying key factors, building prototypes and reporting findings to product owners.
- Formulating machine learning/statistical/optimization approaches according to business metrics, designing features from rich data sources, training, evaluating and deploying models.
- Partnering with Data Engineering to build scalable data science pipelines, creating high-performance APIs within engineering according to business requirements, maintaining data science pipelines.
- Researching forefront techniques, proposing and initiating innovative data science efforts to drive management efficiency and customer experience.
- Learning and sharing knowledge about data science, proposing the capability of data science to business teams.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- Bachelor degree in computational sciences, mathematics, or engineering, Master degree is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience working in the field of Data Science or Machine Learning
- Experience with traditional as well as modern machine learning/statistical techniques, including Regression, Classification, Regularization, Ensemble Methods, Deep Neural Network, Causal Inference, and Hypothesis Testing.
- You have expertise in SQL, with the ability to perform analysis and write complex transformations using the full breadth of the SQL language
- You have a strong business reasoning and understand the necessary tradeoffs that go into analytic projects.
- You have experience communicating and translating business needs into analytic and engineering requirements
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.