Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and to push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Capsule, you will be responsible for the design and deployment procedures of Capsule's customer facing applications and internal facing tools in collaboration with fellow software engineers.
- Design and implement monitoring, logging, and alerting solutions; and operational remediations at scale around applications and underlying infrastructure.
- Design scalable solutions that enable simple and elegant management, implementation, and automation of complex infrastructure systems.
- Design and maintain disaster recovery scenarios.
- Design the systems and processes that engineers use to manage and deploy their software in production.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a cloud engineering or equivalent role.
- You have deep experience with Linux system administration.
- You have experience with Container orchestration, Cloud-native architecture (AWS, GCP and/or Azure), and Infrastructure as Code (eg. Terraform, Helm, Cloudformation, Ansible, or Puppet).
- You have experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, Go, Perl, Ruby, or Rust.
- You have a passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a well-honed sense of ownership.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.