Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and to push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead high performing engineering teams across the Product & Engineering Organization.
- Lead and align engineering team with the Capsule’s vision
- Collaborate with Product Managers & technical leads to help define the roadmap and support with technical design, work-breakdown, implementation, testing and deployment of features.
- Proactively communicate with leadership, providing context around risks/blockers/timeline, seeking guidance, and recommending a direction.
- As part of the Engineering leadership group, you will also contribute to broader organizational initiatives such as Engineering off-sites, Engineering All-Hands, Engineering Hiring Processes - Interviews, Debriefs, Candidate calls, etc.
- Facilitate technical decision-making across a broad technical stack, having passion for the technical aspects of your work, also letting engineers drive the details
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality and raise the bar on operational excellence
- Typescript, React-Redux, Node.js, Express.js, Swift, Kotilin, Python, Docker, Kubernetees, AWS
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You have 6+ years of experience in software development & delivery .
- You have 2+ years of managing full stack engineering teams, delivering high quality software for customers
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions.
- You have experience with modern software engineering concepts such as Domain Driven Design, distributed systems, event sourcing and messaging based infrastructure.
- You have experience establishing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as Product Managers, Designers & other domain experts
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.