Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and to push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As an Overnight Pharmacy Technician- Prep&Fill, you will work at the frontlines of Capsule’s mission to build a better, nicer, kinder, smarter pharmacy to make life simpler and healthier for everyone. You will serve as an integral part of the pharmacy fulfillment team by preparing and filling prescriptions while working productively and efficiently to ensure a delightful customer experience.
- Prepare prescription orders by pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory, complete appropriate filling procedure, and packaging as necessary.
- Work with speed and accuracy to deliver business goals.
- Maintaining the flow and organization of prescriptions throughout the pharmacy.
- Work with pharmacists per work instructions, follow workflows and procedures, with knowledge of NYS laws and regulations.
- Use multiple computer systems to fulfill prescription orders.
- Utilize the best method for product packing and delivery based on standard procedures to include type of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe and secure delivery.
- Maintain various machines and equipment (e.g. pharmacy automation cabinet).
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to the fulfillment of prescription medications.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure the appropriate fulfillment of prescription orders.
- Participate in department continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have a High School Diploma / GED.
- You have 6+ months of experience as a pharmacy technician or in a fulfillment role.
- You are proficient with a computer and Windows PC applications and are able to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications.
- Familiarity with general pharmacy terminology a plus (SIG codes, brand and generic names of medications.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time and able to lift and carry up to 5lbs for the duration of your shift.
- PTCB certification
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.