Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - and we’re expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. We’ve raised over $250 million from the best internet and healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Capsule, you will be responsible for building features and user interfaces that enable a seamless customer experience. You will work closely with the logistics and operations teams to design and develop software to enable them to deliver medication precisely and efficiently. You will work closely with pharmacists to design and develop software that enables them to scale up the number of prescriptions they are able to safely and efficiently fill, making free same-day delivery of medication available to more and more people.
- Lead or participate in implementation of key projects that contribute to the company OKRs.
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Capsule’s applications targeting diverse categories of end users including: consumers, pharmacists, doctors, and logistics personnel.
- Architect efficient and reusable front end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Write Technical Specs that communicate architectural approaches and present them to internal peers for review and feedback.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers through code reviews and architecture reviews.
- Build accessible, considerate systems that are usable by everyone - you will learn WCAG standards, how to build systems that work well with a screenreader, etc.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- 5+ years of overall software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts such as layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance.
- 1+years experience working with any of following languages Kotlin/Python/Java etc.
- Experience working with relational databases and PostgreSQL.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and system design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- You have been part of a team that owned software components critical to business.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.