Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - and we’re expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. We’ve raised over $250 million from the best internet and healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Full Stack Engineer at Capsule, you will be responsible for building features and user interfaces that enable a seamless customer experience. You will work closely with the logistics and operations teams to design and develop software to enable them to deliver medication precisely and efficiently. You will work closely with pharmacists to design and develop software that enables them to scale up the number of prescriptions they are able to safely and efficiently fill, making free same-day delivery of medication available to more and more people.
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Capsule’s applications targeting diverse categories of end users including: consumers, pharmacists, doctors, and logistics personnel.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems.
- Leverage the best of Capsule’s stack or build from the ground up when necessary.
- Debug production issues across services at multiple levels of the stack.
- Write maintainable and extensible code with high quality tests and documentation.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to solve customer and logistical pain points.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- 2+ years full stack development experience.
- 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Experience working with relational databases and PostgreSQL.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.