Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - and we’re expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. We’ve raised over $250 million from the best internet and healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
The Director of Pharmacy Services will deliver the corner store pharmacy experience at scale by enabling a frictionless customer experience by ensuring the pharmacy services team provides exceptional care, and creates highly efficient back end processing operations that will enable delivering Capsule’s mission while ensuring the best clinical outcomes, regulatory standards are met, and remaining compliant with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Lead the Pharmacy Services team responsible for delivering exceptional customer care to doctors and customers managing end to end doctor services including prior authorizations, customer transfers, complex insurance issues, and medication reviews.
- Lead the Processing and Precheck team accountable for ensuring every customer at Capsule accurately and efficiently processes each RX request to deliver the right clinical outcomes, best price, and regulatory/legal compliance is met.
- Analyze and deliver great customer clinical care outcomes by ensuring each customer’s medication request includes through review and delivery of medical adherence, med therapy management, and medication syncing.
- Review and improve Customer Operations Workflows and Operations productivity to improve customer retention and overall costs.
- Manage and ensure all customers are receiving exceptional customer care by systematically reviewing and ensuring compliance with DUR, Istop, and other key care metrics.
- You are passionate about delivering exceptional outcomes while inspiring and motivating others to work together
- You’re a great relationship builder and can hold people accountable while making them feel energized about the road ahead
- You are a visionary that can also deliver today’s needs.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of your direct reports and others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in healthcare and/or operations
- Experience in large-scale pharmacy and claims processing
- Strong management and people leadership experience, having led teams comprised of 50+
- Experience in leading strategic planning and process improvements
- Agile and organized working style to manage and consistently prioritize key initiatives and multiple projects with varying stakeholders
- Data-driven solutions-oriented mindset: creative, positive problem solver who focuses on serving their teams and customers
- Excellent communicator with a natural ability to connect with others
- Ability to empower and inspire the collective team
- B.S. or Pharm D from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy preferred
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.