Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Lead Software Development Engineer in Testing at Capsule, you will be responsible for driving the creation and design of test automation frameworks for our applications. You will provide thought leadership in identifying opportunities to raise the bar around Quality in the engineering organization. You will work closely with tech leads across the engineering organization to ensure the team delivers high quality applications through best practices integration of testing tools, methodologies, and frameworks within our software delivery process.
- Drive overall design, creation and maintenance of automation framework
- Identify best practices testing tools and frameworks especially in a self-service context
- Work closely with your fellow engineers and be a trusted source for Quality best practices
- Be an evangelist for Quality across the engineering organization
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- Possess a thorough understanding of unit, integration, and e2e testing, how they differ and you have a strong philosophy on when to utilize what.
- Have experience with testing frameworks including Cypress, Jest and preferably Jenkins and Selenium
- Have the ability to understand product requirements and translate them into technical tests.
- Have strong communication skills, oral and written, you’re a trusted partner for fellow engineers and product managers.
- Have had a technical background - software development, etc.
Nice to have/helpful/bonus skills:
- Experience with AWS
- Know how to use audit tools like Lighthouse, WAVE, and Istanbul
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.