Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As an Android engineer at Capsule, you will help architect and develop our first native Android application and make it the most frictionless, amazing Android experience in healthcare. You will ensure we have a robust and scalable Android application that not only supports our frontend application feature set, but also pushes the boundaries of native mobile centric features and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain features on our Android application.
- Identify new opportunities in the mobile space that directly support Capsule’s business goals.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues, observed in the Android application and across the stack.
- Work closely with your fellow engineers and be a trusted source for mobile development in general, and Android engineering specifically.
- Learn new languages & frameworks and contribute code to other layers of our stack.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have 4+ years of Native Android development experience.
- You have experience with Kotlin and Java.
- You have 4+ years of experience with RESTful APIs and optimizing mobile networking performance.
- You have a track record of successfully translating product requirements into technical tests.
- You are a subject matter expert on Android development best practices, and are a trusted partner for product managers and fellow engineers.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.