Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet and healthcare investors in the world and is rapidly expanding across the country.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and have a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Manager, FP&A you will support the Director, FP&A on key tasks including (but not limited to) financial & operational reporting, deep dives into business trends, variance analyses, ad hoc strategic modeling to provide data-driven decision support across all functions of the Company, and internal/external reporting. You will be a critical part of a visible, cross-functional team and will help drive strategic decision making as we expand nationally.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide analytical/strategic support to Inventory, Commercial, and Operations teams.
- Analyze large datasets in order to provide strategic advice on growth and profitability.
- Track business performance against operating plans and prepare monthly variance analysis for management and other key stakeholders.
- Lead a team of analysts in conducting rigorous financial analysis.
- Assist the Director in providing ad-hoc quantitative analysis-based decision support for department heads across the organization.
- You have 4 - 6+ years of work experience in FP&A, investment banking, or consulting required; e-commerce or healthcare startup experience a plus.
- You are a Microsoft Excel master with the ability to create robust, scalable, and flexible financial and operational models.
- You are highly organized, independent, and self-motivated; committed to delivering consistently accurate and high-quality work product.
- A big plus if you have knowledge of SQL and BI/analytics software (Metabase, Looker, Tableau, Power BI etc.).
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.