Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet and healthcare investors in the world and is rapidly expanding across the country.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and have a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Capsule Business Development Manager, you will be on the frontline of Capsule’s mission to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. You will be responsible for establishing Capsule as the preferred pharmacy of large and mid-size doctor practices covering a variety of specialties in NYC. This role will partner with both the Head of Sales for NYC and Capsule’s Head of Commercial to identify mid-market opportunities, share insights and be a proactive voice within the sales team.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with C-level executives, practice owners, healthcare professionals and those involved with patient care as an industry expert to educate them on Capsule’s offerings.
- Achieve high sales growth and deliver strong sales results with a consultative approach.
- Lead generation, appointment setting, sales presentations and developing mid-market accounts.
- Identify, target, and develop long lasting relationships with leading C-level executives and decision makers at the leadership level to make Capsule their preferred pharmacy, specifically with regard to large and mid-sized doctor practices.
- Sell in a changing healthcare environment, utilizing a strategic, data driven mindset and critical thinking to understand challenges within the landscape.
- You have 4+ years of outside B2B experience in a consultative sales role targeting large practices or healthcare systems, or experience in closing B2B business development partnerships.
- You have proven sales and/or partnership success. Ability to get things done. Highly competitive.
- You're a strong communicator and presenter: You love talking to people and understand their wants and needs.
- You maintain a strong track record of developing key relationships and effectively negotiating c-level conversations with key executives.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance of putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.