Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet and healthcare investors in the world and is rapidly expanding across the country.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals and push themselves and those around them to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and have a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will bring strong technical experience to the table and take part in and lead key initiatives while delivering high-quality software with a "fast and right" approach. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders to design, develop and maintain key Capsule systems that solves customer pain points.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead or participate in implementation of key projects that contribute to the company OKRs.
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering principles to build APIs, Services & System Workflows.
- Review product requirements, provide detailed software design and build the software that meets the requirements in high-quality and clean code using Kotlin, Python or other programming languages your team uses to build Capsule systems.
- Implement automated tests - unit or integration tests for continued integration and maintenance.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers through code reviews and architecture reviews.
- You have 5+ years of overall software engineering experience.
- You are an expert in one or more mainstream programming languages such as Kotlin, Java, C#, Python, etc.
- You have excellent knowledge of Software Engineering, System designs and various architectural patterns.
- You have been part of a team that owned software components critical to business.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.