Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. We’ll never lose sight of the fact that behind all the craziness of the healthcare system, we’re just people looking after other people. Capsule has raised over $250 million from TCV, Thrive Capital, Glade Brook Capital, and The Virgin Group.
About the role:
Capsule is expanding into new markets and seeking a Pharmacist in Charge to help us build our pharmacy and a team in cities nationwide. The PIC will drive the commercial success and the establishment of the Capsule brand in each market by owning and executing on the pharmacy operations people strategy of the local business. As both a highly entrepreneurial and highly operational role the PIC will require comfort in managing teams, working cross-functionally, and own the ongoing operations of a significant expansion market. This is an opportunity to help build our pharmacy and team from the ground up.
Some of the things you'll work on:
- Drive sustainable growth for Capsule in your market with a focus on hiring, training, and ongoing pharmacy operations
- Advise on market specific regulations, both for launch and on an ongoing basis
- Manage day to day internal and external pharmacy operations in your market
- Hire, onboard, and train new pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
- Partner with Capsule’s sales, marketing and expansion teams to develop and grow our business
- Collaborate with central pharmacy operations to maintain a consistent customer experience
- Work well in a team environment to fulfill prescription orders: processing, filling, managing pharmacy technicians, inventory management and ordering, customer inquiries, managing insurance company and doctor office relationships
- Communicate effectively with doctors offices, pharmacies, and insurers to fulfill prescription orders
- Partner with other pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to create a seamless experience for each customer in a ever-evolving pharmacy environment
- Coordinate with our in-house team of couriers to package, manage, and track deliveries in a timely manner
- Counsel and provide drug-related information for prescription and over-the-counter items to customers
- Occasional travel to NYC for training and partnering with central pharmacy teams
5+ years of relevant pharmacy work experience: prescription processing, inventory management, customer inquiries, managing a pharmacy, managing relationships with doctor offices and insurance companies.
Valid State Pharmacist license required.
- Team player who loves to take care of the people around them and passionate about helping/solving all pharmacy-related problems.
Aggressively organized, multi-tasking master
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, passion for driving growth
- Operational leadership ability; strong lateral thinking; comfort managing teams
- Intuition for building a great consumer experience with the analytical rigor to surface meaningful qualitative and quantitative changes to pharmacy processes
- Prior experience in a Pharmacist in Charge/Pharmacy Manager role
- Prior experience opening/launching a new pharmacy
- Experience working in a high volume retail or specialty setting
- Active pharmacist license in multiple states