Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. We’ll never lose sight of the fact that behind all the craziness of the healthcare system, we’re just people looking after other people. Capsule has raised over $250 million from TCV, Thrive Capital, Glade Brook Capital, and The Virgin Group.
About the Role:
As the Real Estate Development Manager, you will play a critical role in driving Capsule’s market strategy and growth. This individual will have the responsibility of partnering with Capsule’s Expansion Team to lead store expansion from site selection, approvals, lease executions and lease administration and will serve as the internal expert on real estate, representing and driving the expansion strategy externally with brokers and landlords.
Some things you'll work on:
- Strategic Real Estate Planning: Responsible for the development and execution strategies for site selection process, utilizing analytical frameworks and on the ground insights.
- Broker Management: Responsible for the establishment and oversight of a high quality, productive and brand aligned broker network for the purposes of driving efficient, high quality real estate pipeline.
- Deal Making: Accountable for managing Capsule’s network and relationships, site selection and negotiation of LOI terms and leases with landlords for deals, manage internal review and real estate committee approval process and oversee lease execution and management.
- Process Innovation: Responsible for the organization, modification and creation of new working real estate operating processes, procedures and programs to ensure efficiency.
- Market Expert: Accountable for keeping current on market conditions in assigned territory to include knowledge of all competitive changes in market area and understanding the primary differences between the competitors within the market.
- Minimum 3-5 years as a Real Estate Manager (or related) in the retail environment
- Must have a solid broker network (i.e. premium real estate) and background.
- Successful experience in navigating the landlord/tenant relationship.
- Must have expertise in analytical decision-making and strong, hands-on, operating and deal-making skills.
- Knowledge of basic real estate, construction and related terms, timelines, principles, and functions.
- Experience in negotiating and documenting real estate contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in fast paced, complex business environment.