Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. We’ll never lose sight of the fact that behind all the craziness of the healthcare system, we’re just people looking after other people. Capsule has raised over $250 million from TCV, Thrive Capital, Glade Brook Capital, and The Virgin Group.
About the role:
Capsule is seeking a Pharmacy Technician to work in our pharmacy located in Chelsea in New York City to assist with the packaging and shipment of prescription orders directly to patients. Additionally, you may be responsible for the interpretation and data entry of basic prescriptions, prior authorization processing, and troubleshooting adjudication issues and third party rejections.
Some of the things you'll work on:
- Handling startup and shut down duties pertaining to department needs at the beginning and end of each shift
- Translate prescriptions filled out by the prescriber and enter information in the patient’s profile in accordance with state regulations.
- Counting and packaging orders with speed and accuracy
- Work with pharmacists per work instructions, follow workflows and procedures, with knowledge of NYS laws and regulations
- Use multiple computer systems to enter prescriptions, obtain pharmacy orders, compare to order received and produce prescription labels
- Utilize the best method for product packing and delivery based on standard procedures to include type of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe and secure delivery
- Quality assurance, prescriber and patient outreach in case of contraindications, drug interactions, and resolution of third party rejections
- Prepare manual prescription orders by verifying information, pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory and complete necessary scanning and packaging as necessary
- Maintain various machines and equipment (e.g. pharmacy automation cabinet)
- Capable of standing for long periods of time
- Participate in department continuous improvement efforts
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- You have a High School Diploma / GED
- You have 1+ years of prior experience in counting/packing medications
- You are proficient with a computer and Windows PC applications and are able to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- You possess a strong attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, and ability to excel in a team environment
- You have a history of great attendance and punctuality
- You are familiar with general pharmacy terminology (SIG codes, brand and generic names of medications)
- PTCB certification