Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. We’ll never lose sight of the fact that behind all the craziness of the healthcare system, we’re just people looking after other people. Capsule has raised over $250 million from TCV, Thrive Capital, Glade Brook Capital, and The Virgin Group.
About the Role
You'll be responsible for the design and deployment procedures of Capsule's customer facing applications and internal facing tools in collaboration with fellow software engineers, at our offices in New York City.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new system infrastructure
- Integrate, deploy, and manage cloud services
- Analysis of performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of cloud services and internal tools
- Reduce feedback loop for development team and improve deployment cycles.
- Integrate automated test frameworks for improved code quality
- Minimize/Eliminate roll-backs of deployed apps
- Increase the ability to reproduce and fix defects
- Minimize ‘mean-time-to-resolution’ (MTTR) of production issues
- Manage DevOps specific services for internal team members
- Reduce defect cycle time
- Reduce challenges related to Development and Operations collaboration
You’d be a good fit if:
- You have a desire to redesign one of the most archaic experiences and the most frequent interaction in healthcare.
- You have 4+ years experience as a Systems/SRE/Devops Engineer
- You have 4+ years experience implementing a CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, Gitlab CI or similar tools.
- You have 2+ years of experience in building and deploying applications to a container based environment
- You have 2+ years of experience in cloud computing with AWS or GCP
- Deep knowledge of Linux internals
- You have a track record of taking ownership and showing initiative.
- You have experience in building and maintaining infrastructure.
- You have experience analyzing and troubleshooting on complex systems.
- You have experience in the development of a DevOps release platform and associated practices such as Git branching and release strategies.
- You have a Bachelors Degree in - Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology
Nice to have*:
- Experience using and managing container orchestration with Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible or Chef
- Knowledge of the scripting languages in our stack: Python, Bash
- Experience with cloud provisioning implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health and Commuter FSAs
- Flexible vacation policy
*“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.