About the role
Capsule8 is looking for a Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to join the Finance team in NYC to be the central liaison between the operational teams and the corporate strategy. In this role you will be responsible for the continual forecasting of the company’s profit and loss (income statement), cash position and operating performance across departments. You will use historical information and analytics to support management and executive decision making. Specific tasks will include financial modeling, forecasting, trend analysis, scenario modeling, financial reporting, working capital management and management of business unit Key Performance Indicators (KPI). You will also work closely with the CFO on other corporate finance endeavors, including capital raising and M&A. You will work closely with other members of the Operations team - Accounting, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal and Delivery and Support - as well as department managers across the organization and the executive team to manage, analyze, report and execute on the financial operations, results and strategy of the company. As the linchpin between the executive team and the financial operations of the company, it is essential that you are able to implement a rigorous financial management system that delivers 100% accurate results and analysis in a consistent and timely manner.
You understand the importance of accurate financial forecasting and data-driven decision making. You are also accustomed to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You have a passion for working cross-functionally and thrive in a culture of innovation and change. Experience working with SaaS metrics and revenue operations is a plus. You are driven to be a multi-faceted financial leader, with a keen interest in the other operations of the company and how finance can support those operations. You’re seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity.
What you will do:
- Participate in the development of and support the company’s financial strategic plans
- Maintain the rolling financial model and 13-week cash forecast
- Develop and manage financial and operations metrics in accordance with the company’s strategy.
- Present and communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages for lenders and equity investors, including all monthly- and year-end accruals and adjustments
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly forecasts; maintain and update the company operating model
- Work with an outsourced team of bookkeepers and staff accountants
- Assist CFO in preparation of board and investor materials
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support the company’s strategic objectives
What you bring:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of FP&A experience, either corporate or investment banking
- Experience with B2B software, SaaS and/or startup companies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- You are self-motivated and self-directed; demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Ability to work closely with the executive and senior management team
- Proficiencies: Data manipulation and analysis, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
Diversity & Inclusion
At Capsule8, we are committed to building a culture that respects and embraces all walks of life, inclusive of all genders, race, culture, sexual orientation, age, and all other identities. We will make accommodations when interviewing anyone with special needs, such as neurodiversity.
We are big believers in maintaining a healthy work-life balance. While we work very hard and care deeply about making Linux infrastructure as secure as possible, we want our team to have room for their family, friends and themselves. We’re also strongly committed to diversity, providing all our employees a nurturing, open and inquisitive working environment. Finally, we care deeply about ensuring every employee's personal growth, so we work with each employee to build a career plan that benefits everyone.