Running a business is hard, we make it easier. Our business credit card has helped over 200,000 businesses access credit and hope to partner with over 1 million by the end of 2025.
At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 125,000 small businesses across the UK and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 400 across London, Cardiff and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
We are looking to hire a skilled IT Support Engineer to assist our users with computer hardware and software issues. You will be required to work on-site assisting with hardware installations, software upgrades, systems integrations, office AV systems, networks and basic user facing IT-related issues.
The role includes installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either remotely or in person.
To ensure success as an IT Support Engineer, you should have extensive knowledge of home and office systems, excellent problem-solving skills, and high-level interpersonal skills. A top-class support engineer provides fast and effective support for users experiencing hardware and software issues.
The role level is equivalent to ITIL support level 2 or 3.
- Responding to user support requests.
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time.
- Contacting users to find out the nature of the problem.
- Assure timely response to email and telephone assistance requests.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals.
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer software.
- Troubleshooting networking and connection issues.
- Advising on software or hardware upgrades.
- Providing basic training in computer operation and management.
- Set up office equipment and assist with office moves (where necessary).
- Set up new equipment and accounts for new joiners to the business
- Assist with management and maintenance of user accounts across multiple platforms
- Proven work experience as an IT Support Engineer or Desktop Support Engineer.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems and peripherals.
- Knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems.
- Experience with Office 365 and/or Google Workspace (formally G Suite).
- Working knowledge and expertise in Active Directory, Windows Server, Group Policy.
- Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
- Ability to travel and work after hours when necessary.
- A positive attitude and a desire to be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Optional, but advantageous
- Experience with SCCM/Intune.
- Automation tools
- Cloud based technology and platforms
Location and working hours:
- The role is based in our Midtown Atlanta office
- Working hours may involve shift work. Shifts would be 07:00-16:00, 09:00-18:00 and 10:30 – 19:30
- There may also be a requirement to work out of hours over weekends. This work would only be to assist with urgent requirements for a user to get back up and running. Other requests raised on weekends would be dealt with during office hours.
We are a diverse team, all eager to learn more and to help each other out. We love building innovative systems, solving problems and working together to really make a difference in the business.
Within IT, we work in an agile methodology in small cross-functional teams which we feel saves time, increases efficiency and improves communication between everyone involved.
What you get in return
In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Competitive salary.
- 90% Healthcare cover for employees
- 401k match - 100% match to 3% and then 50% to 5%
- 20 days PTO
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee $1,250 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Generous anniversary rewards
- Breakfast and snacks provided!
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.