Head of Communications
At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 100,000 small businesses across the UK, Spain, and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the world (Financial Times Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row) and we have a global team of almost 200 across London, Madrid, Cardiff, and Atlanta.
We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms and we are looking for talented, diverse people who resonate with our values to help shape the future at Capital on Tap.
We are seeking a Head of Communications who wants to lead our effort in building a brand identity, creating a social media presence, and being our “voice” to the outside world.
You will be responsible for a broad scope of communication areas, including managing public relations, creating and executing a social media strategy and presence, maintaining and improving our brand identity, and other overall marketing efforts. You will play a critical role in helping establish Capital on Tap as a leading brand for small businesses across the world.
You will have the opportunity to build a team around you and become a leader in our organization.
You'll need to lead the following areas of our business:
- Brand and Positioning - work with our senior leadership team to build our brand position and establish Capital on Tap as a leading brand for small businesses and as a great place to work.
- Public Relations - reach out to media entities and/or work with 3rd parties to get press coverage for new products, new hires, and fundraising.
- Social Media - Create, plan and lead the delivery of our social media strategy to increase brand awareness, social engagement, traffic, and applications from customers.
- Content Creation - work with our design team and other stakeholders to create content for social media, blogs/SEO, and whatever is needed to build brand awareness.
This role will be a great fit if you've spent a minimum of three years in relevant roles and:
- You're strategic about brand positioning and how to help us stand out in a crowded field.
- Know what great content looks like and have honed a sense of style, and a philosophy around social media, communications, and PR.
- You know the power of social, how to communicate it to stakeholders, how to tell stories with it, and how to build and scale communities using it.
- You care about small businesses the world over, and are motivated to help them thrive and grow by supporting us in our mission.
- You're not afraid to try things out, knowing that some will fail.
- Bonus if you have experience in B2B, especially small businesses, or at other FinTechs.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.