Capital on Tap believes in small businesses and their potential. We are on a mission to help them thrive!
Since launching our business credit card in 2017, we’ve become one of the fastest growing companies in the UK (Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018, & 2019) and Europe (Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies 2021). We now have our sights set on the rest of the world, and have recently expanded into the US.
The best thing about working at Capital on Tap is our team - both two-legged and four-legged! We have a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture with plenty of opportunities for growth and progression.
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day . You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
Save the day
We want to build the most incredible customer experience the world has ever experienced, and our Cardiff Operations Team are on the way to achieving that. We’re looking for Customer Operations (COps) Agents who want to help make it happen.
You’ll be the first point of contact for small business owners across the USA and UK. Our customers are trying to build their businesses, and we don’t want to get in the way. You’ll solve problems, fix things that aren’t working for them, and give them a leg up when they need it. Most importantly, you’ll be able to listen to our customers and understand from them how we can build a better business.
Empathy is Everything
Our customers need to know that you understand them and how important their issues are. They need to believe that you’re the person who can help. They need to feel that they got put through to the one person who listened, got it, and made it happen.
What you'll be doing...
- Develop a core understanding of compliance processes within the US, maintain our compliance queue checks whilst questioning existing processes to see if you can optimise your role.
- Helping our customers with everything related to their account, providing incredible customer support by listening, understanding, being honest, and owning the solution.
- Taking on feedback, and proactively working to improve points of friction for customers, and make our product and service even better.
- Working in your team to make sure that our customers get connected instantly (imagine if it only took 3 rings to speak to someone at your bank?).
- Keeping a keen eye out for customers who may be vulnerable, potential fraudsters and scammers, or customers who need saving from a bad product experience.
Once you’ve learned everything there is to learn and can help customers solve everything in a heartbeat, we want to invest in you and give you the opportunity to specialise and develop in areas of our business such as communications, fraud, compliance or product.
What we are looking for...
- You have a genuine passion for customers, and creating the best experience possible.
- You’re highly empathetic, with a high degree of emotional intelligence and human understanding.
- You thrive in a fast paced, innovative business environment that rewards excellence and does not tolerate mediocrity.
- You’re a quick study, who can rely on your own smarts to figure out the best way of doing things.
- You have great English and are fully computer literate (bonus points for other languages).
- You are results oriented with a motivation to meet targets and deadlines and persistence to see your objectives through.
- Are good at explaining things, solving tricky problems and listening
- Want to build the best customer experience in the UK, help thousands of small businesses, and have a tonne of fun on the way
What you get in return:
In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- £20,000k and excellent monthly financial incentives (up to £300 extra per month)
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- The chance to work for one of the top 30 financial services companies in the UK
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Saturday and Sunday shifts you work 5 1/2 hours but get paid a full day!
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge of the compliance sector within the USA
- Learn about an international market whilst experiencing a unique opportunity to help Capital on Tap expand in the USA.
Due to US time zones you are happy to work 10am-7pm or 11am-8pm Monday to Friday (no weekends needed).
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.