At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 100,000 small businesses across the UK, Spain, and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff, Madrid and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive data centric Finance Analyst to join our team and help us continue our rapid growth trajectory. This role will report directly to the CFO and will work closely with Senior Executives throughout the business.
Our Finance Team
The Finance team is currently 8 people strong across both Accounting and Funding. We are a small close knit team. We pride ourselves on each of us bringing a very different skillset to the team and looking to expand that further. The team supports the company across multiple jurisdictions providing lots of responsibility and opportunities for personal learning.
What you'll be doing:
Provide quantitative analysis / conclusions encompassing:
- Daily liquidity management across multiple jurisdictions.
- Cash flow and financial forecasting.
- Portfolio trend analysis.
- Investor reporting and analysis.
- Automation of finance / treasury activities.
The successful candidate will have the ability to make a significant impact on business performance and decision making processes from day one.
What do we require?
- Proven ability to clearly communicate analysis (internally and externally) and execute projects.
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
- Previous exposure to analysing large datasets is highly desirable.
- An expert in Microsoft Excel is required, prior working experience of Looker and SQL is desirable. You will be required to use both in the role, so a willingness to learn these is essential.
- Able to collaborate across teams within the company.
What you’ll get in return:
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- Competitive base salary.
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4).
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!).
- Private healthcare through Vitality.
- Six free therapy sessions.
- Opportunities for internal career progression.
- Free breakfast and snacks every day.
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business.
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK.
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.