We are looking for our first Atlanta-based FinCrime Officer to join our existing global team as the business scales in the US.
You will support the global FinCrime Team to assess our highest risk accounts and make decisions that have a big impact on our customers and our business. You will support the team with challenging, testing and developing fraud and anti-money laundering controls and processes in order to protect the business.
This role is a great fit for you if you have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. This role covers all aspects of Fraud and AML risk faced by the business so if you’ve got the right skills from your existing role, we’d love to speak to you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conducting fraud and money laundering assessments using in-house systems, open source investigations, and our real-time third party tools to help protect the business.
- Review of rule trips or red flags on new applications.
- First point of contact for referrals regarding suspicions, 3rd party and onboarding concerns or rule trips on a customer account.
- Identify new trends as the first line of defence on accounts to support the team with building new rules and controls where required.
- Sound judgement and confidence to make independent decisions on potential fraudulent activity or PEP/Sanction matches.
- Ability to assess referred cases to ensure minimal inconvenience to the customer while preventing monetary and reputational loss to the company.
What we are looking for:
- You should have experience in making independent risk-based judgements on fraud or AML investigations. This should be in an operational role working on accounts and liaising with customers directly, not in an oversight function.
- You should have an interest in Financial Crime, Fraud and/or AML and a willingness to learn the regulatory landscape and criminal techniques in more detail.
- Fraud or AML cases won’t always fit into neatly defined criteria and so you’ll need to be confident in your ability to make best-judgement decisions and be able to communicate these effectively to both your team members, customers and other teams in the business.
- You should have a critical eye and strong attention to detail. You should enjoy working efficiently and in a demanding, high volume environment.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.