At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 100,000 small businesses across the UK, Spain, and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff, Madrid and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
Business Operations sit at the heart of the major projects within Capital on Tap, and split our time between lending firepower to major strategic projects, working with other teams to improve processes and smooth workflows, and working proactively on pilots to improve the customer experience.
As a member of the Business Operations team, you'll be responsible for:
- Becoming an expert on our systems and the technical side of the business, ready to respond to bugs, crises and cleanups.
- Analysing customer journeys, sourcing customer feedback, mystery shopping, reporting and running pilots to improve user experience.
- Owning the relationship with partners such as brokers and affiliates.
- Getting stuck into strategic projects powering our growth, such as international expansion, or revenue-generating pilots with the Growth team.
We're open to a range of backgrounds, and we'll give you all the training you need to be successful in the role, so what's most important is that you bring the right mindset and approach to your work and that your ambitions align with what this role provides. You'll need to be:
- Comfortable operating within uncertainty
- Action-oriented and allergic to getting bogged down with excuses
- Quick on the uptake and able to figure things out and get up to speed whilst on the go
- Customer oriented and interested in optimising experiences and eliminating friction
- Able to prioritise the important from the many possible options, and to focus only on that
In return, you'll develop the skills able to go into any business and make a real change fast, attaining a range of soft and hard skills that will set you up for success in start-ups and scale-ups that value high-powered operators.
What you'll get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- Competitive base salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.