At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 100,000 small businesses across the UK and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
The People Team
The People Team is a small, dynamic and fun team! We oversee everything recruitment and HR related, and ultimately are responsible for ensuring that Capital on Tap is an awesome place to work.
We are the team that drives forward the culture and values of the business and this is especially important as we are often the first point of contact for candidates and new joiners into the business. As a team we have tonnes of energy and are looking for someone with enthusiasm and a genuine passion for people to be an advocate for our amazing company and values.
We support our incredible team across London, Cardiff and the US. We don’t sit on the side-lines, we understand the direction of the company and our priorities are based on growing and developing an amazing team to support our impressive growth trajectory.
We are looking for a people oriented, thoughtful and strategic Senior People Partner to join our London team! Our London office is home to our wonderful Engineering, Product, Credit Risk, FinCrime, Compliance, Business Intelligence and Finance teams.
Reporting to the Head of People, you will be responsible for:
- Partnering with senior leaders including the CTO, UK Managing Director and managers across all the London teams. You will coach them so that they feel confident to have career conversations, develop their feedback skills and be the best managers they can be.
- The end to end employee life cycle of all our people in London. You will be their guide throughout onboarding, help to map out their progression and work hard to ensure that they feel supported throughout their time at Capital on Tap. Get to know the people you partner with, the work they do and the name of their favourite office dog!
- Constantly seeking feedback across the teams you partner with. You should know what makes them tick, what the pain points are and be proactive in your support to resolve any issues.
- Owning people processes across the London teams, including probation, performance and feedback conversations and exit interviews.
- Leading on projects that you’re passionate about. This could include wellbeing initiatives, incorporating diversity and inclusion into everything we do or learning and development programmes.
- Being a cultural ambassador, championing our values and making sure they’re part of all of everything we do.
What we are looking for
This is a huge opportunity for anyone who is keen to learn more and progress in a people team. We are a small team, so how big the role becomes is really up to you!
We’re looking for someone who wants to progress, drive themselves and their performance hard and ultimately have a great time at work at the same time.
- 4-5+ years of HR experience at a small or growing company.
- Experience of working across a generalist HR remit.
- Experience of partnering with engineering and product leadership teams.
- Forward thinking and creative across all aspects of the people agenda
- Equally confident to work alone but also a fantastic team player that is willing to muck in
- Passionate about people, the role and company
- Strong judgement, emotional intelligence and discretion
What you'll get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.