Capital on Tap believes that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fastest growing companies in the UK (Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018 and 2019) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2020/2021 has been a challenging time for many businesses; our passion for collaborating and helping small businesses thrive has increased as a result of this. This means the work from here on out is only going to get even more interesting and we are looking for a diverse and talented team to join us on our journey moving forward.
Our people really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day . You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
We’re looking for an IT Support Engineer to assist with monitoring and maintaining the computer systems, networks and day to day running of the IT infrastructure within the organisation.
The role includes installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either remotely or in person.
You'll be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them. You will also be responsible for assisting the business and the users with account access, application support and general issues / data changes that can only be made by IT.
The role level is equivalent to ITIL support level 1 or 2.
What you’ll be doing:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Talk staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or remotely, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Support the roll-out of new applications and accounts
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with users and other professionals, such as software developers
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Assist Customer Operations and the business with queries, issues and bugs
- Help troubleshoot and escalate issues to software development teams after basic troubleshooting
Working hours would involve shift work. Shifts would be 07:00-16:00, 09:00-18:00 and 10:30 – 19:30
There may also be a requirement to work out of hours over weekends. This work would only be to assist with urgent requirements for a user to get back up and running. Other requests raised on weekends would be dealt with during office hours.
We are a diverse team, all eager to learn more and to help each other out. We love building innovative systems, solving problems and working together to really make a difference in the business.
Within IT, we work in an agile methodology in small cross-functional teams which we feel saves time, increases efficiency and improves communication between everyone involved.
What do we require?
- Strong communication skills with a desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Proficient in MS operating systems, Windows 10 and Server 2016
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) and email standards
- Strong hardware & software troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with Office 365, Google Workspace (formally G Suite) and Active Directory
- Good working knowledge of common office computer programs such as MS Office and e-mail applications
- Experience with the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of client / server based applications
- Good troubleshooting skills and be able to quickly understand complex environments
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills
- A positive attitude and a desire to be a team player
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear concise manner
- Flexibility and willingness to perform maintenance tasks and problem resolution out-of-hours and on weekends
- Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Scripting (not essential)
- Power shell (not essential)
- Automation tools (not essential)
- Cloud based technology and platforms (not essential)
What you get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with games and a well stocked beer fridge thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.