At Capital on Tap, we believe in small businesses and their potential. That's why we are on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
We have helped more than 100,000 small businesses across the UK, Spain, and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. We have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and we have a global team of 200 across London, Cardiff, Madrid and Atlanta.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture. Your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions and we champion you to pilot your own ideas to have an impact and add value to the business!
We are a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and welcome. We foster an environment that allows people to share, engage, learn, support, participate and work towards positive change. We hold regular culture and inclusion events, such as Black History Month, Pride Week and International Women’s Day and have genuine goals to improve every day. You can read more about these events on our blog, and more about our team and our values here.
Capital on Tap are looking for a talented QA Automation Tester to join our QA team. Armed with strong knowledge and experience in all aspects of quality assurance you will be responsible for providing governance and oversight of the quality of the products we develop.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Capital on Tap, you will perform testing procedures on our web/mobile applications, defining and maintaining test plans, and delivering high quality software to our customers. You will be a hands-on tester in the role, and continuously research and experiment with different methods and tools to help improve the process as the product and team grow.
Working closely with the developers, you will contribute to best practices throughout the development lifecycle and advocate the right approach to help the business reach its objectives.
What you'll be doing
- Contribute to the ongoing development of automated test scenarios working as part of an agile team
- Drive continuous improvement, recommending and implementing enhancements to test processes and procedures.
- Investigating user problems referred to you by the Product teams, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products and domain to perform hands-on testing from a technical standpoint.
- Support your engineering colleagues so that testing is a team-wide responsibility
- Manage risks and issues effectively with timely escalation to the project stakeholders
- Reviewing design proposals, acceptance criteria and processes, and recommend improvements.
What we are looking for
- Proven software quality assurance experience with a focus on both web and mobile applications
- Experience developing tests for functional and regression testing that include manual, automated, performance and ad-hoc testing
- Exposure to automation tools such as Cypress, XCUITest, Mocha/Jest etc
- Experience working with and testing REST APIs
- Experience working across multiple teams.
- Understands CI/CD concepts and implement continuous testing practices
- Excellent attention to detail and a methodical approach to testing
- Understand the concept of checking against testing, strong knowledge of exploratory testing.
- Good knowledge of SQL
Desirable Technical Knowledge
- Previous exposure to Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Experience with Test Automation for native Android and iOS apps
- Experience with usability best practices; able to influence and improve user experience
- ISTQB certification desirable
- Experience working in a startup environment.
What you'll get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- Competitive base salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous yearly anniversary rewards (including 4 weeks paid sabbatical in year 4)
- We give every employee a learning budget of £1,000 a year to spend on your own personal development (we want to encourage your growth!)
- Private healthcare through Vitality
- Six free therapy sessions
- Opportunities for internal career progression
- Free breakfast and snacks every day
- An opportunity to pilot new ideas that impact the growth and direction of the business
- The chance to work for one of the fastest-growing FinTech companies in the UK
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme
Diversity and Inclusion
At Capital on Tap we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, ability, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us who we are.
We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.