Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fastest growing companies in the UK (Sunday Times Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018 and 2019) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
This role is a unique opportunity to own our end to end data process, combining data from various sources right through to our centralised data warehouse. You will build the foundations of key data-driven decision making throughout the business and own our single source of truth datasets. You will implement the latest advanced technologies to transform data processing throughout the business. As we grow at a rapid pace and expand internationally we will build our infrastructure to scale for the years ahead
What you'll be doing?
- Using SQL to build new databases and data warehouses/cubes
- Ensuring our data is consistent, reliable and easily accessible
- Working closely with our analysts and data scientists to provide a stable platform for advanced analysis
- Working with development team to create a seamless transfer of data from production to our warehouse
- Staying up to date on industry trends and advanced tech that support and contribute to business goals
- Analyse business data requirements, identify data sources and document ELT rules for processing data into the data warehouse
- Documenting data architecture and data flows
- Enforce data quality and governance procedures to ensure data consistency
- Building, managing and maintaining reporting dashboards and tools
What do we require?
- Degree educated, minimum grade of 2:1 in a quantitative subject
- Previous quantitative role, exposure to structuring and working with large datasets, ideally in a data warehouse
- Experience in an ELT process
- Experience of working with SQL
- BI tool experience is highly desirable
- Able to work autonomously
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, rapidly changing environment
What you get in return
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travel card loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast and snacks daily