Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018 and 2019) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
We are looking for an ambitious commercially minded finance lawyer to join our rapidly growing company. The successful individual needs to not only be excited at the opportunity to lead the legal structuring, negotiation and execution of business-critical financing transactions, but also enjoy the opportunity to provide legal support to the wider business.
Capital on Tap is rapidly growing in the UK and abroad, and you will need to have the ability to keep pace. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in debt financing and be eager to help across legal and commercial deals across the business.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading debt legal structuring, negotiation and execution with external counsel
- Ensure business compliance with all key covenants and legal restrictions
- Reporting directly to the CFO and working closely with the senior management team
- Exposure to all areas of the business
- When not performing the role of legal debt expert, assist the business with other legal matters
What we are looking for:
- 4 years’ minimum PQE with private practice / banking / funds / specialty finance
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of structure finance / securitisation and capital markets
- Excited to join one of the UK’s fastest growing companies
- Track record of taking initiative and “getting stuck in”
- Excellent work and academic track record
What do you get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme