Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business mastercard and business loans in the UK in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fastest growing companies in the UK, while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
As part of growth strategy, this year we are expanding our business internationally, and we are starting by landing in Spain! We are building our core team in Madrid and are looking for committed, versatile people to join and help us grow the business to be as successful as it is in the UK!
Our people really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious credit risk analyst to help us build and develop our subsidiary in Spain. You will join our growing family and be instrumental in shaping not only the role, but how we work and develop our culture. The opportunities to develop are far greater than the bullet points below and everyday you will touch all areas of the business. If you´re looking to have instant impact and to be part of something new, please get in touch!
What you'll be doing:
- Like in any startup, you will be doing a bit of everything! But mainly we are looking for someone to drive the credit assessment of the applications that are coming in.
- As the person responsible for the credit decision, you’ll be extracting the necessary information for the correct execution of the credit analysis and helping us brainstorming to find new and original data sources
- Interacting with customers to request any additional details/clarification when necessary for the analysis
- Providing feedback on internal credit policy and procedure according to the requirement of local supervisor, Spanish market practice and credit policy of Capital on Tap
- Periodically updating the customers’ ratings based on internal behaviour and external alerts
- Giving feedback on scoring performance and recommending changes to improve efficiency or mitigate existing risks
- Assisting in the preparation of the Credit Committees
- Other daily duties of related to the risk control and client onboarding
What do we require?
- Two to five years of working experience in credit approval and decisioning for SMEs
- A solid financial background, important for financial statement analysis, risk assessment and economics. A working knowledge of accounting principles and financial techniques is valued
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data
- Ability to work autonomously
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, rapidly changing environment
What you get in return:
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with free coffee and tea, sofas and beer taps. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Nuevos Ministerios we also offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee €1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- The opportunity to join a team right at the beginning of something amazing!