Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018 and 2019) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
The financial accountant will be responsible for the preparation of the annual statutory accounts, project management of the internal and external audit processes, driving improvement in processes and controls, and leading on Finance projects, both accounting technical and operational/commercial, as we continue to grow as a business and improve our internal reporting.
The ideal candidate for the role would be post-qualified and with a good technical accounting foundation, preferably with experience either within practice or in industry of leading on project-based worked and delivering to deadlines. They will need to be a self-starter, able to work both individually or in a team and comfortable taking it upon themselves to learn about new areas and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
The financial accountant role will report directly to the Head of Finance, though the project work will involve working closely with both the Head of Finance and CFO, amongst other members of key management within the business.
Inclusive of the position, the individual will provide support for the accounting function and be given the opportunity to shape finance function policies and processes as the company grows. They will assist in the implementation, monitoring, and governing of finance policies and procedures for new areas of accounting, whilst also reviewing existing areas to identify opportunities for improvement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading on business-critical projects, both accounting technical and commercial/operational
- Project managing and driving the internal and external audit processes
- Driving improvements in existing processes and controls within the Finance Function
- Preparing the annual statutory accounts
- Deputise for Head of Finance across Finance functions
- Working closely with senior management to deliver time-sensitive projects to drive value and growth within the business
- Daily interaction with senior management team including CEO, CFO, COO
What are we looking for:
- Minimum 2.1 university degree
- High numerical competency
- Qualified accountant with a minimum 2 years’ experience post-qualification (ACA, ACCA)
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Relevant experience in completing either technical accounting or commercial projects to deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot tables, advanced formulae
- High level of organisational and planning skills with a disciplined approach to work
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a deadline-oriented environment
- Enjoys accountability for their role and delivers to high standards
- Ability to think analytically to solve problems in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Sage 200, SQL and Microsoft PowerBi desirable
- Prior experience at a start-up business desirable
- Prior experience in financial services desirable
What do you get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme