Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017 and 2018) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious data-centric fraud analyst to help us protect the business as we continue our rapid growth trajectory. This role will report directly to the Head of Fraud & Compliance and will be responsible for generating actionable insights that will have an impact on financial crime prevention throughout all areas of the business.
What you'll be doing
- Using your advanced analytical skills to drive best in class protection from all types of fraud and financial crime
- Driving decision making with data-led insights
- Working with internal stakeholders to provide unique insights and tools for internal success
- Working with external partners to incorporate new data sets seamlessly
- Using Business Modelling and analytics to predict fraud risk and mitigate losses
- Uncovering issues to be resolved and building tools and procedures to rectify
- Using Power BI, Microsoft Excel and SQL daily to build reports and provide analysis
- Staying up to date on industry trends and support new fraud initiatives that support and contribute to business goals
- Building, managing and maintaining fraud reporting dashboards and tools
What we are looking for
- Degree educated, minimum grade of 2:1 in a quantitative subject
- Previous quantitative role, with exposure to analysing large datasets, highly desirable
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working with SQL / PowerBI is highly desirable
- Able to work autonomously
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, rapidly changing environment
What you get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme