Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017 and 2018) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
We are looking for a management accountant to prepare and improve upon the management accounts pack provided to senior management, providing timely and accurate information to the senior management team regarding the performance and position of the business. The management accountant will be responsible for ensuring the management accounts are completed in a timely manner, reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
Inclusive of the position, the individual will provide support for the accounting function and be given the opportunity to shape finance function policies and processes as the company grows. They will assist in the implementation, monitoring, and governing of finance policies and procedures for new areas of accounting, whilst also reviewing existing areas to identify opportunities for improvement.
There will also be opportunities for project-based work within the finance function, offering an opportunity to work directly with the Head of Finance and report to senior management on business-critical projects with both a commercial and accounting/regulatory focus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Monthly preparation of management accounts
- Month-end procedures including balance sheet reconciliations
- Cashflow analysis & reporting
- Assist with trend and variance analysis
- Assistance with annual audit process & corporation tax compliance process
- Assistance with preparation of group cashflow forecast process
- Aid in preparation of regulatory reporting data for FCA submissions
- Opportunity for other project-based work
- Reporting directly to Head of Finance
- Daily interaction with senior management team including CEO, CFO, COO
What are we looking for
- Minimum 2.1 university degree in a numbers-based subject;
- High numerical competency;
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA);
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot tables, advanced formulae;
- High level of organisational and planning skills with a disciplined approach to work;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a deadline-oriented environment;
- Enjoys accountability for their role and delivers to high standards;
- Ability to think analytically to solve problems in a dynamic environment;
- Challenges the status quo as a way of striving for improvement
- Experience with Sage 200, SQL and Microsoft PowerBi desirable
- Prior experience at a start-up business desirable
- Prior experience in financial services desirable
What do you get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme