Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017 and 2018) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
We are looking for an experienced Complaints Manager to lead Capital on Tap’s complaint management in line with the regulations set out by the FCA. You will work closely with our Customer Operations, Collections and Compliance teams to resolve complaints, as well as liaising with senior internal stakeholders to ensure our policies and procedures are compliant and optimal. There is a broad scope for this role, extending beyond just traditional complaints, to incorporate vulnerability, expressions of discontent and driving product and communication improvements.
What you’ll be doing
- Liaising and developing a working relationship with senior internal stakeholders and external stakeholders, including the FOS, to drive initiatives forward
- Conducting root cause analysis and implementing measures to avoid complaints reoccurring
- Owning policies, procedures and processes in line with the regulations set out by the FCA
- Recommending remediation actions and, where appropriate, levels of compensation in cases where Capital on Tap are found to be at fault
- Designing, monitoring and improving on clear KPIs aiming to reduce complaints and avoid FOS escalation
- Supporting on investigating and resolving escalated complaints in an effective, professional and timely manner
- Supporting the Customer Operations team with additional training based on common areas of complaints and be the go-to point of contact for queries
- Managing the identification and treatment of vulnerability within our customer base
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience at financial service company in a complaints role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to produce high quality work in a timely manner
- Familiarity with FCA Handbook, FOS and other relevant legislation
- Experience training a Customer Service team and driving improvements
- Experience in root cause analysis and in delivering changes to resolve inefficiencies
- Eagerness to originate ideas to deliver better customer service and remove any dissatisfaction
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment
What you get in return
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travel card loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast and snacks daily