Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017 and 2018) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Credit Risk Expert to join us in the continued success of our rapid growth trajectory. As the deputy to the Head of Risk you will be expected to work closely alongside the CEO and CFO to assist in the management of a £130Mil revolving credit portfolio. You will make an impact on the bottom line of the business with an ability to implement your concepts and theories. You will establish the path to achieve the company mission and see your ideas become reality from start to finish.
What you'll be doing
- Using your advanced analytical skill to drive Credit decision making and Risk strategy
- Source and conduct retrospective data analysis of new data providers to see if they will add value within the current decisioning process ie. Open banking sources
- Continuously refine the customized application scorecard including segmentation based on revenue, credit etc
- Develop strategies for ongoing portfolio strategy i.e repricing, limit decreases, limit improvements and account firings
- Review current data providers (including the three bureaux) to determine their value including revisiting the cost analysis as a primary data provider or supplementary data provider in the decisioning process
- Manage and allocate analytics workload amongst three direct reports (Credit Analysts), providing guidance, structure to analytics under-taken and assist in presenting data to management for acceptance and implementation
- Cohesively working with business stakeholders (from C-level execs to front line staff) to ensure risk analysis can be implemented seamlessly without deterioration to customer experience or complex IT builds
- Constantly refining process to improve efficiency of automated decision-making with an understanding of the effectiveness of the underlying scorecard and decision engine
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience in credit card risk management (i.e VP or Credit Manager of a credit card portfolio)
- Deliver quantifiable improvements while effectively communicating complex solutions in a simple manner (deliver ideas within a “1 pager”)
- Willing to operate in a fast-moving environment, initiating and driving quick pilots to obtain ‘soft’ information (e.g. customer feedback/qualitative market research)
- Data-driven mindset, able to supplement soft analysis completed within the business with hard data (e.g. A/B test outcomes) through business modelling and analytics
- Uses Microsoft Excel and SQL daily to extract and analyse data
- Management experience including developing Credit Analysts technical skillset while delivering positive day to day team results (underwriting queue, business (IT) testing support and Risk analytics)
- Customer-centric approach to growth while balancing the need to remain risk-averse and compliant in a fast-moving regulated environment
- Able to work autonomously, strong judgement and proactivity within a small credit team
What you get in return
We try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location we also offer:
- Up to £70k dependent on experience
- Excellent progression and opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travelcard loan and/or cycle to work scheme