Capital on Tap believe that the future is all about the impact that small businesses can have in the world. As such we are on a mission to help them thrive – cash flow shouldn’t be a barrier to success.
Since launching our business credit card and business loans in 2017 we have been taking off like a rocket! We are one of the fast growing companies in the UK (Sunday Time Fast Track 100 in 2017, 2018 and 2019) while still posting a profit to fund our future growth. 2019 looks to be just as exciting (and busy!) as we continue on our incredible trajectory.
Our people (and our office dogs) really are the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We have built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
Software development is at the core of our business and has driven our success and growth over the past 6 years. We are now looking for exceptional and innovative developers to join our amazingly collaborative team to help us continue this growth and take our software development, products and services to the next level.
We want someone that is a technology evangelist, who loves solving problems and has a real passion for their work. If you want to work somewhere where you can see the impact your work has for colleagues, customers and the business, whilst working with the best technologies and people, this role at Capital on Tap could be for you.
As a full stack developer you will drive the design, development and maintenance of web based applications, back end apps and everything in between. You will be responsible for the entire software lifecycle, right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. You will experience amazing levels of autonomy and empowerment whilst also learning from and sharing your knowledge with some of the best developers in the industry.
We have a huge variety of projects that you could be working on:
- Creating software solutions throughout the technology stack
- Designing, developing, and executing software solutions to address business issues
- Evaluating and recommending tools and technologies to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Working with business stakeholders to understand the issues facing the business and coming up with technical solutions
- Defining, documenting and communicating your architectural choices and code decisions
- Help develop junior developers and give input across the team
- Understand and plan for evolutionary paths including new technology insertion
We are a diverse team, all eager to learn more and to help each other out. We love building innovative systems, solving problems and working together to really make a difference in the business.
We work in an agile methodology in small cross-functional team which we feel saves time, increase efficiency and improves communication between everyone involved in the project.
We offer great progression within the team, offering routes into people management or tech leadership where you can really hone in on the architecture of the software. All of our team leads and tech leads have been promoted quickly from within.
What do we require?
- 2+ years of experience, preferably at a start-up or similar environment
- Fantastic team player willing to “muck in” and who is passionate about the role and company
- Experience in a wide range of programming language, technologies and frameworks
- The ability and desire to pick up and learn new technologies quickly
- C#/.NET (Standard and Core)
- ASP.NET (MVC and API)
- SQL (primarily SQL Server)
- REST API,
What you get in return
We also try not to take ourselves too seriously (all the time) so we make sure our office is decked out with a pool table, arcade machine, beer tap, and a couple of office dogs thrown in for good measure. In addition to a great environment in a buzzing location in Shoreditch we also offer:
- A competitive salary
- An opportunity to grow and develop – we give every employee £1,000 a year to grow their skills outside the company
- Private healthcare
- 28 days paid holiday
- Travel card loan and/or cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast and snacks daily