Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
You’re ready to…
- Manage an engineering team, communicate with team members and provide support
- Design and build core products, including recommendation system, data analysis platform etc.
- Communicate with our business and product team, understand the requirements and provide feasible technical solutions
- Manage daily work, different projects, and help our whole team grow
- Be responsible for building and managing team, including planning headcount, hiring, team review, etc.
You’d be a great fit if you:
- Worked 2+ years in management; 5+ years experience in software development
- Able to communicate proficiently in English, preferably with an overseas background
- Excel in big data processing technology, including Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Presto, Hive, Pig, Kafka
- Familiarity with micro-services model, such as KK8s, Docker
- Demonstrate experience using cloud services such as AWS, Azure, Aliyun
- Are familiar with data storage solutions, databases and/or other storage technology
- Possess knowledge of building SaaS
- Knowledgeable of web front-end such as React
- Can design and implement products independently
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate leadership
- Possess experience in expanding team
We would love it if you have had:
- Prior experience with AI and/or computer vision
- Prior experience with front-end and Android studio