Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
You’re ready to:
- Participate in the construction of our backend database
- Participate in the development of our front-end products
- Assist with the development of the core framework and optimize back-end servers
You’d be a great fit if you…
- Have BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, (however, no previous working experience required)
- Have knowledge of basic database and query structure, OOP, operation system, etc.
- Have knowledge of basic coding tools, such as GIT, shell/bash, Linux/Unix
- Have familiarity with at least one of following coding languages: Java, Kotlin, GO, Ruby, and/ or Python
- Have strong coding habits and are comfortable with writing documents
- Love to collaborate and are an excellent communicator
- Demonstrate strong ownership and are a quick learner
- Posses the ability to adapt, are able to be flexible working in any condition
- Are proficient in English, both oral and written. Pass CET-6
We Would Be Thrilled If You:
- Have an overseas education background with excellent English communication skills
- Are from 985 and 211 project universities.
- Demonstrate familiarity with both basic front-end systems (e.g. MVVM, FLUX) and back-end systems (e.g. MVC), etc.