Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team.
- Excited to revolutionize the retail industry
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Familiarity in common Android/JVM libs like Dagger2, Retrofit, RxJava, and Jetpack Package
- Common development tools including Git, Linux or Mac cmdline
- Knowledge of monitoring, optimizing, and profiling of Android applications leveraging tools including LeakCanary, and one or more of the following (Lint, Coala, SonarQube, Firebase crashlytics)
- Ability to write clean, modularized code. Understand common Android architecture like MVVM and MVP
- Vast knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures, operating system, database, networking, as well as domain-driven design experience is preferred
- Fluency in advanced topics about Android like NDK, Kotlin etc.
- Skills to complete unit test and instrumental tests
You're ready to:
- Build and maintain Caper’s core application
- Work closely with the product team to deliver new features and improvements
- Participate in architecture design
- Conquer the world!
- Above market salary and equity
- Excellent medical insurance
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO