Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
- Excited to revolutionize the retail industry
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise
- Obtained a bachelor’s degree within the last 3 years or currently a student, with a GPA of 3.5 or above
- 2+ years of professional work or internship experience
- Diligence, self-motivation, collaboration, and meticulousness
- Advanced Excel competency
- A sense of urgency, and passion for testing under tight deadlines
You're ready to:
- Prepare critical analysis of financials and business data
- Conduct market research on specific industries
- Build and maintain financial models
- Make client pitch presentations
- Handle product development wireframes
- Maintain good meeting notes and consistent follow-ups
- Collaborate and assist team members with miscellaneous work
- Define, design, and implement test cases
- Perform manual testing of hardware and software products
- Work with our engineering team to create and resolve bug reports in JIRA
- Partner with our product managers, designers, and engineers to understand product requirements
- Participate in regular updates and report on testing status
- Be the voice of the user
- Conquer the world!
Compensation: $15-$20 an hour
Hours: Ideally 20-40 hours a week