Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
PLEASE INCLUDE URLs FOR AN ONLINE PORTFOLIO AND YOUR RESUME
- Excited to revolutionize the retail industry
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise
- Experience crafting pixel perfect design interfaces using at least one of each tool category below:
- Design Tools (Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD)
- Motion Tools (Principle or Flinto)
- Brought products from user flows, wireframes to prototypes and high fidelity
- Designed and conducted user tests
- Strong, clean visual design sense; excellent command of design process, principles, patterns, Google Material design
- Worked alongside software engineers in a fast paced environment
- 2+ years of full-time experience in UI/UX design
You may have:
- Experience using industry tools like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Framer, etc.
- Designed for hardware interface and tablet
- A bachelor’s or master's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human–Computer Interaction (HCI) or a related field
You’re ready to:
- Shape the “look” and “feel” of the brand’s products through “pixel perfect” user interface and interaction design
- Quickly iterate and offer design variations based on design critique or user feedback
- Develop and maintain a design system and component library to ensure product-wide visual consistency, improve scalability of product development
- Lead user research, product requirement discovery, articulate design decisions to product stakeholders and leadership
- Be the voice of the user
- Conquer the world!
- Above market salary and equity
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO