Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
Come join our team if...
- Excited to disrupt and revolutionize the retail industry
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Previous internships/projects related to product/UI design
- Experience with design tools (must have: Figma or Sketch, nice to have: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator), bonus points for experience with interaction design tools (After Effects, Principle, FramerX, Protopie)
- A solid foundation of product design process, UX principles and patterns
- Completed at least two years of a bachelor’s degree or above, preferably a degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Human–Computer Interaction (HCI) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Time to commit 15-20 hours/week, including at least one full working day at the office in Midtown
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the US. Students on F-1/OPT visa are welcome to apply. Credit transfer is applicable
If you’re ready to:
- Quickly iterate and offer design variations based on design critique or user feedback
- Deliver wireframes, visual design and prototypes as needed
- Support product team in user research and product requirement discovery
- Be the voice of the user
- Conquer the world!
- Competitive stipend
- Weekly catered-lunch
- Unlimited snacks
**Please also include a copy of your portfolio / link to website upon submission**