Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team. As an engineer you’ll be working directly under the CTO, an opportunity offering plenty of room for rapid personal growth.
- Excited to revolutionize the retail industry
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise
- Familiarity with Android and its ecosystem including Gradle and Android Studio
- Developed, supported and maintained Android applications in Java or Kotlin
- Common development tools including Git and (Linux scripting or Mac scripting)
You may have:
- Familiarity with Android NDK
- Application performance monitoring/support experience
- CI/CD tools including Jenkins or Travis CI etc.
- IoT, hardware, or have worked at a mobile-focused company
- Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Fluency in AWS or Azure
- Familiarity in common Android development libs like Dagger2, Retrofit, RxJava, Jetpack Package etc.
- The ability to write clean, modularized code. Understand common Android architecture like MVVM, MVP, etc.
You're ready to:
- Support and make sure features can easily be deployed into production
- Use techniques like tooling and monitoring to improve stability of the Android applications
- Build automation tools and pipelines to automate operations
- Support and interact with clients to solve problems
- Conquer the world!
- Above market salary and equity
- Fully paid medical insurance
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO