Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailers can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashier-less capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
About the Position:
The Image Collector will help to train a machine model for our new platform product. You will work directly under the supervision of our Deep Learning engineer.
You will be placing a variety of items on the platform in an array of different patterns and sequences. Cameras will then quickly take photos and collect data. In this regard, you will begin to take part in the basis of capturing the fundamentals of a brand new AI product and change the future of retail shopping forever!
Come and join the Caper family if you are:
- Excited to disrupt and revolutionize the retail industry
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Extremely detail-oriented
If you have:
- Experience in the retail industry
- Knowledge of UPC, PLU or barcode scanning items
- Interest in deep learning, AI, autonomous checkout systems
If you're ready to:
- Work with the deep learning engineering team to build AI systems
- Contribute, learn and grow
- Have fun
- Conquer the world!
Note: This is a part-time, contracting position