Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team. As an engineer you’ll be working directly under the CTO, an opportunity offering plenty of room for rapid personal growth.
- Excited to disrupt and revolutionize the retail industry
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise
- A strong grasp of programming logic, data structures and algorithms. You need to be able to sift through unfamiliar code, gain an understanding of how components interact and trace issues.
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience analyzing, modifying, syncing and maintaining databases, importing and exporting data using CSV files
- Experience tracking, replicating bugs reported by QA/QC teams and creating tickets for the same
- Experience with version controlling using Git
- An eye (or two) for detail
You may have:
- Proficiency in Ruby or Java programming languages and their ecosystems
- Proficiency in supporting technical teams through the debugging process
- Prior understanding of using Console
- Familiarity with one or more of DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, CosmosDB etc.
- Knowledge of UPC, barcodes and PLU
- Knowledge of the Android ecosystem in a backend development context
You’re ready to:
- Take ownership of tracking and replicating system bugs
- Work with the QA/QC teams to document bugs and create tickets to resolve them
- Dig deep into databases to perform operations on backend data and monitor real-time data synchronization across platforms
- Work with the software engineering team to build supporting tools
- Contribute, learn and grow!
- Have fun!
- Conquer the world!
- Above market salary and equity
- Fully paid medical insurance
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO