Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailers can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision- to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
- A bachelor’s degree or above, preferably a degree in computer science or a related field
- 1-3 years in manual testing of customer facing or internal applications
- Experience testing web based applications and native apps (iOS and Android)
- Experience with debugging tools
- Experience in writing complex test cases and executing them through JIRA, Zephyr, etc.
- A sense of urgency, and passion for testing under tight deadlines
You're ready to:
- Define, design, and implement test cases
- Perform manual testing of hardware and software products
- Establish a culture of QA in every part of the product development process
- Work with our engineering team to create and resolve bug reports in JIRA
- Partner with our product managers, designers, and engineers to understand product requirements
- Participate in regular updates and report on testing status
- Update test suites and automate as necessary
- Be the voice of the user
- Conquer the world!
Hours: 5-10hrs/week to start