Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailers can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision- to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team. As an engineer you’ll be working directly under the CTO, an opportunity offering plenty of room for rapid personal growth.
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- Able to fluently read/write in English and ability to communicate in English is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with ecosystem including react, react-native, redux, flow, jest
- Ability to write clean code following design patterns and best practice; understand the importance of software structures, writing test procedures and protocols
- Knowledge in frontend packaging and dependency frameworks and tools like nodejs, webpack, npm, yarn etc.
- Proficiency in ruby backend ecosystem includes Ruby on Rails, Postgresql, Resque etc.
- General backend knowledge and pattern includes RESTful, HTTP, HTTPS, Authentication etc.
- Familiarity with common development tools including Git, Jenkins, Linux or Mac cmdline.
You're ready to:
- Maintain and build new features in Caper’s enterprise facing SaaS platform
- Maintain and build enterprise facing mobile app.
- Participate in architecture design with project lead
- Coordinate with designer and business team for new features roll out
- Focus on customer feedback and make continuous improvements
- Conquer the world!
- Good work life balance, Silicon Valley culture. No 996
- Potential to be considered as a candidate to work in the US, if outstanding
- Insurance coverage
- Unlimited Snacks
- Dinner reimbursement
- Super fast self-growth
Location: Changning, Shanghai, China