Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailers can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team. As an engineer you’ll be working directly under the CTO, an opportunity offering plenty of room for rapid personal growth.
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
- 3+ years of experience with Android
- Familiarity in common Android/JVM libs like Dagger2, Retrofit, RxJava, Jetpack Package etc.
- Ability to write clean, modularized code. Understand common Android architecture like MVVM, MVP, etc.
- Skills to complete unit test and instrumental tests
- Vast knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures, operating system, database, networking, etc. as well as domain-driven design experience is preferred
- Common development tools including Git, Linux or Mac cmdline etc.
- Fluency in advanced topics about Android like NDK, Kotlin etc.
You're ready to:
- Build and maintain Caper’s core application
- Work closely with the product team to deliver new features and improvements
- Participate in architecture design
- Conquer the world!
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fully paid medical insurance
- Unlimited Snacks
- Unlimited PTO
Location: Changning, Shanghai, China